Sunday 31 March 2019

The loss of your partner ..from "It's all about...moving on".


One of the greatest losses is a partner or spouse. Your whole world revolves around the union you have formed. Once they pass your life changes irrevocably. The loss is not only them but your focus, your lifestyle, and the way you relate to the world.

When I lost my husband nothing prepared me for the monumental upheaval it caused. Nothing and I mean nothing was the same again. From dawn to dusk the effects reverberated through me. I was totally lost. Losing my partner and marriage was devastating. My future became uncertain and felt empty.
The void was palpable. When you face this sad reality the journey through it is very difficult. I never realised how challenging and lonely the path was.

The longer and deeper the connection, the more heartbreaking is the loss.
When they are sick before the pain of watching them slip away before your eyes makes the grieving begin before you actually lose them. When they die suddenly, the shock must be overwhelming.
You will find your way through it all but not without the passage of time and support. Never think you are weak during the grieving process because it is difficult.
Losing a partner is a depth of sorrow only those who have felt it understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment