Monday 6 May 2019

Annoying thoughts



Grief is obsessive by nature. Your emotional compass is unbalanced and this causes dysfunction in your thought processes. It takes no time at all to be caught in a loop which runs over and over.

Your internal emotional, mental, and psychological machine is playing constantly during the grief process. I had flashbacks of the last few weeks and months. Whenever I was not concentrating, in they came. I felt swamped by the past. I can’t remember how many times that last day and his actual death jumped into my thoughts. There were the memories and the painful emotions.

When the death or time of loss is traumatic, the imprint is stronger and harder to avoid.

Every time I was reliving, it I tried to let it go. This changed my focus and enabled me to move on. In releasing it, there was acknowledgment and over time, the time between the flashbacks lengthened.

Good and healthy internal thoughts feed you while distressing or highly emotional ones drain you. 

Gradually, by replacing these negative memories your brain is rewired into a positive space.
Loss is painful and hard but you do not have to continue to relive it all and experience negative and sad thoughts forever..

No comments:

Post a Comment