Wednesday 29 May 2019

One day at a time

Go slowly through your grief and do the "one day at a time" method. Every morning, I check in with myself and decide what I can handle. By doing this, I keep moving through the weeks and also take care of myself.

I am not who I used to be. You are not who you used to be. Loss changes us and breaks our heart. Once I came to this acceptance, life became easier. I stopped trying to return to my former self and just took the time I needed. Super women was gone and with that many other roles I did so effortlessly.

Honestly, I hardly knew who this new person was. Take heart because in a funny way we are morphing into another aspect of who we can be. Stronger and more compassionate. Able to survive against enormous emotional odds.

Loss taught me that even when the worse thing in life happens, I am still here almost intact...ha ha.

You will survive this and find happier days. Your heart may always miss and ache for your loved one but there is beauty and love around you.

Life is hard especially emotionally and loss is all about emotions. You are healing your heart so give it time and space. Day by day.

Remember, your heart is in rehab. Be gentle with yourself. 

Love, Wendy x


My other social media:

1 comment: