Sunday 26 May 2019

Meltdowns

It is normal to have constant meltdowns everywhere. These episodes are spasmodic and you may have big and small meltdowns.  The grief simply spills into everything. When you are a private person coming to terms and acceptance of this occurrence takes time.
I broke down at coffee shops, in banks, and at the slightest provocation. The floods opened and the tears flowed unrelentingly.

The greater the loss, the more meltdowns you suffer.

The best outcome is to know that it is unavoidable and not a sign of weakness. Be kind to yourself. I expected the meltdowns to be easier after a few months, only to find them getting worse.  I hoped before I set off for the party or shopping trip those previous hours of tears would “dry” me up. 

However, it was not something I relied on. It is surprising with the amount of heartache around that there are not more people crying in public places.

Time is a great healer and although meltdowns are annoying they are great because they release all your pent-up emotions. You find in time the episodes lessen in intensity and there are bigger gaps between your meltdowns.

 Love, Wendy x

My other social media:














No comments:

Post a Comment