Tuesday 2 April 2019

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Although we always think of PTSD as being related to soldiers and victims of trauma, it is possible to have it from losing a loved one. I was very interested to read the symptoms of having it. They were exactly what I was struggling with. Trouble sleeping, eating, flashbacks, anxiety, etc.

When you google PTSD, loss is recorded as one of the life experiences which predisposes you.
It makes sense that after such a traumatic event that you may suffer for weeks, months or sometimes, years from it. I was unaware of this outcome.

I am not likening our experiences to what a soldier or war victim experiences. However, being widowed is another kind of  trauma for the mind, body and soul. 

Trauma is trauma and the body responds accordingly. 

It was funny because I would never have thought I was suffering from it until someone told me. Losing someone you love is traumatic. Going through the months while they fall away before your eyes is harrowing. So it stands to reason that your whole being and heart is traumatized.

Check out the sites on PTSD and see if they resonate with what you are feeling.

I know I have been struggling with it because the passing was horrible and I was deeply effected. Now I work towards healing and lessening my stress.

Be kind to yourself.

We will come out of this stronger than before.

Love, Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment